Re: [News] Linux a $14.5-Billion Market (Per Annum)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Linux takes yet another step forward
>
> ,----[  ]
> | The fact is, that there is a particular niche market for Linux.
> | According to the IDC research firm, Linux-related hardware, software,
> | and services measure up to $14.5 billion per year! Corporations need to
> | take advantage of it by creating more compatible applications and many,
> | many games; these, among free open source support, will greatly aid to
> | the widespread adoption of Linux.
> `----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/01/23/linux-takes-yet-another-step-forward/

So if the Linux counter is correct and there are 29M Linux users, it means
each share is worth about $500M. Do we get one share for each Linux install
we have? Gads, I'm bloody rich at last, I can afford an Apple Mac. oops,
sorry I mean a bigger Linux box, a few IBM blades scattered around, some as
computers others as coffee tables, I'll turn my garage into a cooling tower
for my Cray, oh and I'll change the dodgy wheel on my car.