[News] Red Hat Linux is Here to Stay

Can Red Hat rival Microsoft?

,----[ Quote ]
| In the previous post we saw that Oracle's Linux initiative has so far
| failed to make a serious dent in Red Hat's business or even in its stock
| price. Red Hat is actually worth slightly more today than it was when Larry
| Ellison launched his apparently not-so-scary RHEL clone the week before
| Halloween.
`----

http://informationweek.com/software/linuxexperts/blog/archives/2007/01/can_red_hat_riv.html
http://tinyurl.com/yvf8h8

Some more support announced for Oracle (as well as many press releases
boasting Oracle's commercial extensions to RHEL):

Emulex Expands Support for Customers of Oracle's Unbreakable Linux Support
Program

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.primenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=112229