[News] Pictures of China's Homebred Linux Boxes Leak

China making own PCs running with Linux but please shut up about it. And why
are you running those damn pictures?

,----[ Quote ]
| No one wanted the news released. It appears to have been a major clanger
| on someone?s part.
|
| China Youth Daily ran this on Sina Tech (it is a Chinese site and unless
| you read Chinese gets you nowhere) and all hell broke lose. It was
| not authorized. The site was firmly asked to remove the story. As of
| this writing this has not happened.
|
| There is serious upset at Lemote and Godson that the news has
| leaked. They are as annoyed as Steve Jobs would be in a similar
| situation. Still it has happened. And we have photographs of the
| machine which you see above. Probably the first English language
| site to do so.
`----

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%20/2007/01/22/china-making-own-pcs-running-with-linux-but-please-shut-up-about-it-and-why-are-you-running-those-damn-pictures/
http://tinyurl.com/28z32f

These machines are underpowered for Windows. You can assume that Linux will
grow in China.

Related:

China Linux Market Will Grow at Annual Rate of 34%, Says R&M

,----[ Quote ]
| It is predicted that in China, Linux market (both server and client)
| will grow with an annual rate of 34 %. The client-side share growth
| will be comparatively faster.
`----

http://eb-asia.com/article.asp?id=7528

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/50004.html

        Linux Set to Soar in China

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/front/archives/2006/06/03/2003311446

        Government says all new PCs must be Linux-friendly