[News] The Truth About Aero Glass

Understanding Windows Vista Aero Glass Requirements

,----[ Quote ]
| # Your system must have at least 512mb of available RAM. I'd suggest
| using at least 1GB of RAM in your computer, and preferably even more.
|                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| # Aero will not work on Windows Vista Basic edition. For best results,
| get the Ultimate version.
`----     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/understanding-windows-vista-aero-glass-requirements/

Aero: less than meets the eye (pun).

Related:

VC-Dark another Emerald Theme ('Aero Glass' in Linux)

,----[ Quote ]
| Recommended GTK themes: LiNsta, LiNsta2
`----

http://www.biodesign.com.ar/blog/?cat=14

Microsoft Claims Vista's Aero Interface Doesn't Slow PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| Principled Technologies, which conducted the research for Microsoft, is
|                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| offering a download of the report.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=196800080

Testing Vista's different memory configurations

,----[ Quote ]
| 4x1GB is the best choice for best raw performance. It is hard to prove it
| in every test, but if you have 2x1GB and you load as much in memory, the
| system will become endlessly slow.

Vista Runs Smooth Only on 2G Memory

http://www.itechnote.com/2006/10/27/vista-runs-smooth-only-on-2g-memory/

Vista System Memory Concerns

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2395&Itemid=449

Microsoft Windows Is A Greedy Memory Hog, The Cure Is To Feed It RAM

http://bytepowered.org/articles/Article/Microsoft-Windows-Is-A-Greedy-Memory-Hog--The-Cure-Is-To-Feed-It-RAM/539
http://tinyurl.com/yn9ztx

Acer: Vista Home Basic is a lemon

,----[ Quote ]