Re: [News] New Linux User is a Former Microsoft Fanboy

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

If Zac could make this mental and technical transition, so can our resident
trolls.

I've noted that Linux advocates seem to be the very young (Generation Y) and the very old (Baby Boomers such as myself). For the latter, we can remember a time before Microsoft, when computers had monocolor terminals and line commands were the only way to access computers...so Linux is familiar. For the very young, they are simply not willing to buy their father's computer.

The "Lost Generation" is Generation X which has been born and bred with Microsoft products. They probably still think that these are the only way to do computing because they have been imprinted...they are also the most resistant to change because they are currently entrenched in the power structure.

-- The Texeme Construct