Re: [News] 7 Reasons to Move from Windows to Linux

Aldo Nova wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 14:47:16 -0800, wjbell wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Still using XP? Here's 7 reasons why you should consider Ubuntu
>>>
>>> ,----[ Gist ]
>>
>> Maybe.
>
> I could point you to a few Web Sites where your Anti-Virus would break
> itself trying to avoid the infections...Linux goes "Feh?"

Care to share those websites, or are you just blowin smoke?

>> Not if you value your time to any degree.
>
> Start the download and go do something else.

Uh huh...

>> As a server, yeah.  As a desktop, no.
> It's no worse than Vista and almost as easy as XP.

>> HAHAHA
>
> Follow the instructions...

I couldn't find any instructions.

>> Sure.  Primitive applications == primitive system demands.
>
> I have a clone to every Windows app I could want. Except Visual Basic.
> But, real programmers don't need it.

_YOU_ could want.  I suspect there's a difference between YOU and the
rest of the computer users around the world.

>> And?
>
> More people working to make it better, rather than one company holding all
> the keys.

Then why isn't it better?

--
wjbell

Peter K abandon his firewall lie:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/e6eaf7e09552e5e2?hl=en

Jim R failing to address the issue after being asked:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/5ad37ca14a2d7224?hl=en

And of course, Roy Culley -- COLAs loyal hall monitor:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=cola+stats&hl=en&as_uauthors=roy+culley
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/578bb2221ad0453c?hl=en