Re: Still can't find all those posts...

  • Subject: Re: Still can't find all those posts...
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:58:51 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:50:58 -0800, Tim Smith wrote:

> Roy says:
>
>    Hours ago I discovered, through a Microsoft Most Valued Professional
>    (MVP) who submits thousands of items to Digg (mostly pro-Microsoft,
>    which makes you wonder), that the Yankee Group is conducting a new
>    Linux versus Windows survey.
>
> That user has submitted 3678 items to Digg.  According to Roy, there
> should be nearly 2000 pro-Microsoft items among those.  How come I can't
> find them, and Roy can't point them out?
>
> Here's the latest submissions from that user:
>
> Understanding the Windows Vista Family Discount
> Humor In Business Signs
> Where did the phrase "Son Of A Gun" come from?
> Huge collection of DC comics going online
> 2007 Daylight Savings Issues for Windows Mobile 2003 and 5.0
> Menu Utilities Collection v1.26 for OS X
> 'Palestinians' offer Israel another 'despicable truce'
> Hamas gov't opposes secret talks with Israel
> Islamic Jihad launches rockets at Israel
> "Burkini" - the Muslim bikini is making a splash
> Official: Iran ready to speak with US over Iraq
> Bush needs OK to attack Iran from us, Dems warn, so we can warn them
> Netanyahu calls for economic isolation of Iran
> Iran's leader: U.N. won't stop nuke plan
> Iran Plans to Conduct Missile War Games - with Russian bought missiles
>
> Looks like 1 could be construed as pro-Microsoft, and 1 other is
> Microsoft related (but not really pro, as it is about working around a
> problem).  Checking random samples of that user's submissions reveals
> that this is about a normal percentage from him.
>
> When Roy was called on this earlier, he then said he was talking about
> the submissions to the technology section.  When it was shown that this
> claim was wrong, too, he then switched to it being the guy's comments on
> Roy's posts.
>
> And now he's back to the original claim.
>
> Come on, Roy.  Explain to the group why you've decided to repeatedly
> make claims that you know are false about that Digg user.  What's the
> backstory?

Roy Schestowitz is a liar, plain and simple.
The reason Roy Schestowitz's digg rating is abysmal is because the people
at digg know he is a boring spammer and they react accordingly.

Unlike over here in COLA where the sheep follow the pied piper around.

Like I've said before, take Roy out of COLA and it doesn't take long
before the rest of the group figures out what he is up to.

COLA is just a little bit slow in that regard.