[News] Analysts: Open Source in the Enterprise to Gain Prominence

Expect more open source enterprise apps this year: analysts

,----[ Quote ]
| "The case can be made that Linux on the desktop may actually come of
| age this year... [And I] expect some significant corporate moves
| to solutions such as Zimbra [open source collaboration and
| messaging software] from Exchange," Klein says.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/A8E570783694DFBACC257267007B5ED3

Related:

Next Gen, Mission-Critical Apps To Be Deployed on Linux Says Report

,----[ Quote ]
| By now it should be obvious to even the most casual industry observers
| that Linux operating systems - and open source-based software in general -
| have reached critical marketplace mass. Recent Linux deals and
| announcements by Oracle and Microsoft have only reinforced the "open
| source is enterprise-grade" message that IBM, Unisys and other "Master
| Brand" hardware, software and services vendors have been preaching for
| years. In short, open source, especially Linux, is becoming "legitimized"
| by the major vendors for enterprise environments, and user executives
| are more than happy to believe them.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/RoundUp/Next_Gen_MissionCritical_Apps_To_Be_Deployed_on_Linux_Says_Report

CIO study finds Linux ready for prime-time

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=7681