Re: [News] Microsoft Seems to Prepare Another Anti-Linux Tsunami...

  • Subject: Re: [News] Microsoft Seems to Prepare Another Anti-Linux Tsunami...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:02:03 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Guy Fawkes ] on Sunday 21 January 2007 10:29 \__

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> Here Comes Microsoft's Next Anti-Linux Crusade?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Hours ago I discovered, through a Microsoft Most Valued Professional
>> | (MVP) who submits thousands of items to Digg (mostly pro-Microsoft,
>> | which makes you wonder), that the Yankee Group is conducting a new
>> | Linux versus Windows survey. Sounds benign, does it not?
>> `----
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/01/20/microsoft-fud-2007/
>>

> I doubt it since Microsoft knows quite well that these 'surveys' or
> 'comparisons' have no credibillity at all and won't even make a dent in the
> rate of Linux adoption. Eventually Microsoft will have no choice but to go
> all out by starting litigation against Linux vendors, which is a dangerous
> route to take, since it will turn people against the company.

Yes, I agree. The recent threat from Ballmer actually angered a lot of
Microsoft's customer, who thrive in a 'mixed environment'. They expressed
disdain. This Tony Soprano-like behaviour of Ballmer, as Jeremy Allison put
it, is not going to gain him any friends. It's just a case of customer
alienation. Just look at SCO UNIX.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
Tasks: 126 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie