Abuse Report Filed. Re: Roy Schestowitz

  • Subject: Abuse Report Filed. Re: Roy Schestowitz
  • From: jorge_shillingford@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 20 Jan 2007 18:05:51 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.internet.search-engines
Abuse reports filed with Roy Schestowitz's ISP and also the ISP that
serves demon.net which
is thus.net.

CustomerRelations@xxxxxxxx
legalnotice@xxxxxxxxx

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to report abuse from one of your customers.  I frequent a
newsgroup that one of your subscribers post to and I believe he is
abusing your service by posting hundreds of messages per week to that
group.  He is upsetting a number of people by posting the same type of
news announcements over and over again resulting in the newsgroup being
flooded with hundreds of messages.  I believe this falls under the
category of spam.

A number of people have asked him to stop, that this newsgroup is meant
for personal discussion and that there are newsgroups designed for
continuous news articles, but here refuses to answer.  Some of us
believe that he has an automatic script or bot of some kind running
that
posts these articles to the group unattended.

All I'm asking you today is to do a search on this individual (The
"From" field in the headers provided below) and see the disruption that
he is causing, not only in this group but around the web, and possibly
steer him into posting to the right groups where they're designed for
massive amounts of news articles.

I'm not trying to get anyones account shut down, I would just like
something to be done to stop the abuse of the group I'm trying to use.
It makes it hard to have discussion that the group was designed for.

Below are relevant newsgroup headers for the posts in question.
Please understand that there are thousands more of these being posted
each
and every month.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Jorge Shillingford.

Message 1
---------