[News] [Rival] Microsoft Arrogance Demonstarted as It Snubs Unflattering Report

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Arrogance Demonstarted as It Snubs Unflattering Report
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:23:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Licensing Response

,----[ Quote ]
| The insinuation is that only Microsoft licensing professionals give "accurate
| information."
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/business_applications/microsofts_licensing_response.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Get the facts, anyone?

Report:

Software Assurance Storm Warning

,----[ Quote ]
| In a report to be published today, Forrester Research sees a series of
| customer hurricanes coming Microsoft's way. If they strike, they could wash
| away many Software Assurance contracts. Software Assurance is the discounted
| upgrade option available with Open, Open Value and Select volume licensing
| contracts.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/software_assurance_storm_warning.html

Yesterday:

Microsoft Is Sheer Arrogant Claim Xbox 360 Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| "Sheer arrogance from MS and they have lost what was once a loyal customer,
| I will never purchase another MS product again!! As a consumer I expect
| and Demand to be treated better than that or simply put I will take my
| business elsewhere!"
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Console/J2Q7C5X9

Related and recent:

Survey: Windows loses ground with developers

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux gaining share as the number of developers targeting Windows falls
| 12 percent, Evans Data says
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/07/02/mswindows-share_1.html

Microsoft : Arrogance leads to Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]
| Chatting with the Microsoft senior sales people, I was struck by
| their incredible arrogance. They know the company?s products are good,
| but they have no qualms whatsoever about charging top dollar as a
| result.
|
| It reminds us how Microsoft used to behave when it comes to their
| products' security records. IE5 and 6 were nothing short of being
| proper Swiss Cheese with loads of holes in them but hey, they had 95%
| of the browser market at that time and couldn't care less.
`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=514

Older (antitrust exhibit):

,----[ Quotes with annotation ]