[News] Linux Applications and Games Galore

  • Subject: [News] Linux Applications and Games Galore
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 03:55:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
35 Cool Applications to install on Ubuntu [Linux] 7.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.04 is undoubtedly one of the most popular Linux
| distribution especially for Linux newbies , now overall it
| is extremely usable and good but a very limited number of
| applications are by default shipped with Ubuntu 7.04 .
| Now here in this article we look at a number of really
| good applications that are not shipped by default with
| Ubuntu as well as instructions on installing them.
`----

http://linuxondesktop.blogspot.com/2007/07/35-cool-applications-to-install-on.html

Free Gaming In Ubuntu [Linux] Feisty Fawn…

,----[ Quote ]
| It is true that you can’t run to Walmart and buy a Linux version of the
| newest games; Yet there are plenty of games that are worth playing in Linux.
| Although there are thousands of Linux games, these are the best, the only
| ones worth playing really.
`----

http://techystuff.info/?p=53

Related:

Supergamer VL Developmental Release Available

,----[ Quote ]
| Big 3d Games: Americas Army, Doom 3, Enemy Territory, Nexuiz, Postal 2,
| Quake 4, Soldier of Fortune, Unreal Tournament 2004, True Combat,
| Torcs, DropTeam, Sauerbraten(Cube 2)...
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17634

live.linuX-gamers.net is a Linux live-dvd distribution

,----[ Quote ]
| These games are preinstalled on the live dvd. So you can directly
| play them right after booting from tihs dvd.
`----

http://live.linux-gamers.net/?s=games

Linux gaming, part two: strategy games

,----[ Quote ]
| Along the years, many commercial games have found their way to Linux too,
| even in limited numbers. Open source strategy games presented here
| still present only the tip of the iceberg, as there are many other
|  strategy game projects out there for Linux. Happypenguin.org, a
| fine source for Linux gaming news, alone lists 151 games in the
| strategy category.
`----

http://kahvipapu.com/blog/2007/06/19/linux-gaming-part-two-strategy-games/

Quake 4 v1.4.2