[News] Over 100 Projects Already on GPLv3, at Least 5,000 More on the Way

  • Subject: [News] Over 100 Projects Already on GPLv3, at Least 5,000 More on the Way
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 01:01:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
GPLv3 attracts 116 projects in first week

,----[ Quote ]
| The third version of the General Public Licence (GPLv3) has been adopted by
| 116 open source projects in its first week of operation, according to an
| overview compiled by software risk management firm Palamida.
`----

http://www.itweek.co.uk/vnunet/news/2193729/gplv3-draws-116-projects-first

Recent:

GPL3 welcomed by IBM, Red Hat, Novell, MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| The GPL is the most widely used license in the open-source realm. More
| than 30,000 projects, which is about 66 percent of the open-source
| projects tracked by the Freshmeat site, use the GPL.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/GPL3-welcomed-by-IBM-Red-Hat-Novell-MySQL/0,339028227,339279403,00.htm

MS: Dancing as fast as it can to try to get away from GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]