Re: [News] Has Motorola Been Working on Another Linux Phone?

http://www.boygeniusreport.com.nyud.net:8080/2007/07/07/motorola-z9-unveiled-can-ya-feel-it-huh-huh/

> Related:
>
> Motorola finally launches U.S. Linux phone
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Linux/Java has topped CEO Ed Zander's list of things to look for
> | from Motorola as it attempts a financial turnaround. At a New
> | York press conference this morning, Zander introduced Linux-based"
> | Rokr" and "Razr2" models, along with new top-level executives.
> `----

> Motorola Begins Bringing Linux To Market
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Motorola today announced two upgraded devices it hopes will bring
> | Linux into the hands of mainstream users - even in the US.
> `----
>
> http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2021

I wish Sharp would bring their Linux PDA/phone to the UK. it is the only one
I have seen that lets you actually script properly, Perl on a handset. I
think that is brillient, I keep saying that is what these handsets are
short of, a good onboard programming or scripting language, I'm a daily
user of my PDA, but always cut short from the things I would like to do by
the limitations of the software onboard.

Ok so Perl wouldn't be great for the Window-like people who might pick up a
handset, they will look and 'fi' and fall down in a dazed state, (Windows
people can be such whimps), but why not Ruby.

Ruby being extremely easy to learn, very nicely fits in as a general
scripting language and an object manipulator. It is perfect in my opinion
for the likes of Office scripting or handset scripting. Better than basic
and amazingly easy to teach. The way people think of objects is so like the
Ruby way that they pick it up no trouble at all.