[News] Young Girls in Community College Build Their Own Linux Boxes

  • Subject: [News] Young Girls in Community College Build Their Own Linux Boxes
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 12:09:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Girls get grounding in gigabytes

,----[ Quote ]
| The 30 girls sitting in the Harrington Learning Center at
| Quinsigamond Community College yesterday were far past VCRs,
| however. The group of 10- to 14-year-olds was busy installing
| and configuring the Linux operating system on computers they
| had finished building.
`----

http://www.telegram.com/article/20070707/NEWS/707070353/1008/NEWS02

Related:

Ubuntu Sharing on a Saturday Morning!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Beauty of it lies where there are no preconceptions or judgement
| passed on Ubuntu. she just uses it. there is no comparing... or
| complaining about not having support. She is only 5 and she can
| use linux... in fact my wife has failed to find an alternative on
| other operating systems that can attract my daughter.
`----

http://effiejayx.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/ubuntu-sharing-on-a-saturday-morning/

Beryl + AIGLX - 2 Year old using Beryl as proof of how simple it is!

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://youtubelinux.blogspot.com/2006/11/beryl-aiglx-2-year-old-using-beryl-as.html