[News] Barriers to Linux Adoption Explained and Myths Debunked

  • Subject: [News] Barriers to Linux Adoption Explained and Myths Debunked
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 07:06:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Common roadblocks to Linux adoption, Demystified

,----[ Quote ]
| Before I get into the meat of this article I want to write that I'm not
| here to bash Windows or belittle it in any way, or its users. Honestly,
| you run what you like for whatever reasons you like. This article is for
| the curious, perhaps apprehensive, or new Linux user because there aren't
| many articles out there that will read like this one.
`----

http://www.debiantutorials.org/content/view/181/264/

People Who Will Never Adopt Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Luddites - For that matter, these types aren't very enthusiastic
| about computers in general, no matter what's running on them. A
| computer to them is a hassle, an annoyance, a nuisance. They have
| to use one for some reason, though, so they'll reluctantly own one
| and perform the minimum motions necessary to accomplish Job One,
| and then shut that damned thing off until next time. These are the
| people who hit the off-switch no matter how many times you explain
| to them that it has to be properly shut down. They know that. They
| hit the off-switch because they think it causes the computer
| physical pain, which makes them happy.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=people_who_will_never_adopt_linux&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Wine doors seems to be making fine progress, so people can more easily stick to
the applications they are used to.

Wine Doors

http://www.ubuntuessentials.net/2007/07/08/wine-doors/