Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Limits Bandwidth, Punishes Hobbyists, Driving Them to Linux

"jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "7" <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not sure this was mentioned here before:
>>>
>>> "Microsoft reserves 20% of your available bandwidth for their own
>>> purposes
>>> like Windows Updates and interrogating your PC etc."
>>

>> 20% MY FOOT!!!
>> THEY CAN PAY FOR IT FIRST!!!
>>

>>> http://www.tqdq.com/Windows-tricks/System-Hacks
>> Increase-internet-speed.html
>>>
>>> A change in Microsoft Licensing and an intro to Ubuntu Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> serious
>>> get
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMslCh8Xyw
>
> Holy crap!
>
> I'd LOVE to have 20% of the bandwidth of 90% of all PCs!
>
> jim

Man you lintards are a stupid bunch. Don't bother yourself by actually
knowing WTF you're talking about. But keep right on talking anyway.

Here's the low down on this. I'll even use small words for ya so that you
lintards don't get too confused.

If you're running a bunch of apps and at this time you're doing a Windows
Update then 20% of the bandwidith will be reserved for Windows. If you're
not doing a Windows Update or equivalent then 100% of you bandwidth is used
for whatever you're doing. It's NOT like your only getting 80% of your
bandwidth because 20% of it is reserved for some future date you maroon.

Unless you're doing a Windows Update like thingy you're going to get 100% of
your full bandwidth. The 20% reserve only comes into play when you're
updating your install.

Maybe now you lintards will actually have a clue. Unlikely because I've
never seen a dumber bunch then the lienux using maroons that post here.