Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft/Yahoo Lawsuit Over Copyrights Breach, No Retention Policies

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft/Yahoo Lawsuit Over Copyrights Breach, No Retention Policies
  • From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 16:30:18 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Pauper prepares to sue Microsoft, Yahoo
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | We were under the impression that you don't really get very far in US
> | law unless you've got oodles of cash. But it will be interesting to see
> | how Mr Parker proceeds in his 820 Copyright Infringement case if his
> | request to the judge is granted.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40831

Effects windows users only... hehe

> Report: Yahoo, Microsoft to reveal Web search privacy policies
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So far, neither Yahoo nor Microsoft have publicly detailed their data
> | retention policies. A Yahoo representative did not return e-mails
> | seeking comment on Friday. A Microsoft spokeswoman had this to say:
> | "We can't confirm that. Microsoft doesn't have any information to
> | share at this time."
> `----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9740440-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Right. They aren't ready to spill the beans.

> Related:
>
> New software can identify you from your online habits
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | That is the spectre raised by new research conducted by Microsoft.
> | The computing giant is developing software that could accurately
> | guess your name, age, gender and potentially even your location,
> | by analysing telltale patterns in your web browsing history. But
> | experts say the idea is a clear threat to privacy - and may be
> | illegal in some places.
> `----

Linux users need not apply... I mean worry. This all based around microsoft
api and applications...

>http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=mg19426046.400&feedId=being-human_rss20
> http://tinyurl.com/2lrazk
> >

> Microsoft could be teaching police to hack Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft may begin training the police in ways to break the
> | encryption built into its forthcoming Vista operating system.
> `----
>
> http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2150555/microsoft-teaching-police-hack
>
> Who knows how much data they collect and keep... Vista has been proven to
> be a spying beast.

Again... Linux users need not apply... :')

You gotta love microsoft... the only OS that will stab you in the back...

--

Jerry McBride