Re: [News] Latest Linux Eye Candy Makes Further Progress, Screenshots from Latest KDE 4

____/ CharlieB on Sunday 08 July 2007 12:17 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ CharlieB on Sunday 08 July 2007 01:35 : \____

>>> I hope KDE is planning to keep the Konqueror file manager. Dolphin looks
>>> too much like Gnome's Nautilis. The tool bar icons are way too high.
>>> Konqueror only needs 2 bars before the file data is displayed. (Menu bar
>>> and toolbar/location bar) Dolphin looks like it needs 3 bars. Also I like
>>> the location bar better then the bread crum trail. Sometimes it is
>>> quicker to type the path then clicking several times.
>>>
>>> I have become spoiled with Konqueror's split windows and nice layout. I
>>> sure would like to be spoiled in the future.
>>
>> Konqueror will stay (it's also a Web browser after all, among other
>> things), but it won't be the default file manager (unless you make it so).
>>
> Thank you KDE team!

It's all about choice to them, even if it means having many file managers all
over the place (and cluttered menus).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Roughly 2% of your keyboard is O/S-specific
 14:05:01 up 21 days, 19:33,  7 users,  load average: 0.91, 1.52, 2.07