Re: [News] [Rival] Even Microsoft Watchers Say the Company Lost Its Mind

"jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "John Locke" <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 13:46:53 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> "But the company behaves like if enough people believe what it says,
>> then it's true enough"

>> ......isn't this the same philosophy that Joseph Gerbils employed ?
>> Worked quite well for the Nazis.
>
> It does work well. It is a brainwashing technique used by governments and
> media houses.  If you tell the people anything enough times, they will
> start to believe it.
>
> Microsoft's moves seem to be based on manipulation and the "where we go,
> they will follow" schools of thought.
>
> When is the last time that you saw Microsoft openly asking users for input
> before begining a new project?

Of course, this give Linux a big advantage.  We have seen how their
philosophy works and fails.  We should invest more in delivering what users
want by simply asking them and doing what they ask during BETA testing.

Microsoft seems to BETA test only to ramp up it's media guns to deflect the
objections of users.

jim