Re: [News] South African Government Continues Moves to Free Software

guess wrote:

< snip >

> yes all very well... but when I was in Johannesburg back in April, I
> deliberately went into some computer shops to see what the state of things
> was there hardware wise etc. and found that no-one in them had even heard
> of Ubuntu or Linux...

Your choice of computer-shops  seems a little odd

> Joe Public isn't going to know Linux is even available as it isn't in the
> shops or mainstream computer press.

Again, it is *your* choice not to look too closely.
Here you can't enter any computer shop which hasn't linux available
And you can't enter a magazine shop without *several* linux magazines. And
the non-linux magazines report often enough about linux and even include
CDs/DVDs with linux

And I would think it really strange if it were different in SA
--
Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.