[News] Games Built with Free Software Tools, Microsoft Tries to Lock Game Developers to Windows

  • Subject: [News] Games Built with Free Software Tools, Microsoft Tries to Lock Game Developers to Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:27:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Game in progress using Blender

,----[ Quote ]
| “Developing a nice RPG framework in Java after finding out that we
| have a cool Java OpenGL engine. Creating a nice enchanting
| old-fashioned pen and paper & turn based game with a decent
| story / AI and a huge place to play.”
`----

http://www.blendernation.com/2007/07/05/game-in-progress-using-blender/

Trinity College offers Masters Degree in video games

,----[ Quote ]
| Supported by Microsoft, it is the first time an Irish post-graduate course
| will focus on the science and technology behind video games and is
| intended to prepare students for a career in the growing gaming
| and entertainment sector.
`----

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/breaking-news/ireland/article2735173.ece

I guess they'll be educated to deliver Windows-only games and absorb
the "Microsoft religion".