[News] [Rival] Microsoft Still Criticised for Keeping Secrets About XBox Disasters

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Still Criticised for Keeping Secrets About XBox Disasters
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 14:08:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft quiet on Xbox 360 problems

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. won't say what went wrong inside of its Xbox 360 video game
| consoles that could lead to $1 billion in repairs, but bloggers and their
| online readers seem to have their own answer: Heat stroke.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft, for its part, is giving few insights. Robbie Bach, president of
| the unprofitable entertainment and devices division responsible for the game
| console, said the company has made manufacturing and production changes that
| should reduce hardware lockups.
|
| Microsoft declined to comment on whether overheating was causing any of the
| problems.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_xbox360_problems

They also lied about the failure rate. The company cannot be trusted. It's
deceptive by nature.

Related:

Rumor: Is Microsoft cheating their [Xbox 360] sales?

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, there are some sobering thoughts with very broad implications
| for any company if that were true. That being said, would you buy
| from Microsoft, or any other company for that matter, if they were
| cheating their sales?
`----

http://xbox360.qj.net/Rumor-Is-Microsoft-cheating-their-sales-/pg/49/aid/89595

Anecdotal: Microsoft low on Xbox 360 coffins

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/06/anecdotal-microsoft-low-on-xbox-360-coffins/
http://tinyurl.com/28qx3b