Re: NEWS: Apple Issues Battery Replacement Program For iPhone

____/ John Bailo on Saturday 07 July 2007 05:54 : \____

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200707052011DOWJONESDJONLINE000844_FORTUNE5.htm

>> "The hybrid cell phone, iPod media player and wireless Web-browsing device
>> launched to much fanfare on June 29. On the same day, the Foundation for
>> Consumer and Taxpayer Rights fired off a letter to Apple and AT&T Inc.
>> (T), the cell phone's exclusive carrier, complaining that customers were
>> being left in the dark about the procedure and cost of replacing the
>> gadget's battery.
>>
>>  The iPhone's battery is apparently soldered on inside the device and
>>  cannot
>> be swapped out by the owner like most other cell phones."
>>

> I'll be the first to comment on my own post.
>
> My comment is
>
>     soldered?
>
>     SOLDERED????

Not so hacker friendly, is it? Let alone owner friendly. I think that Palm
handheld are similar to this though, unless it has changed (not back to AAA
batteries).

Readers' discretion is advised when reading articles inspired by Microsoft
press releases.
Mem:    515500k total,   304044k used,   211456k free,     8028k buffers