[News] Is Syllable Adopting the Linux Kernel As Well?

  • Subject: [News] Is Syllable Adopting the Linux Kernel As Well?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 06:03:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Five Questions: Kristian 'Vanders' van der Vliet, Syllable

,----[ Quote ]
| Getting hardware support to a point that is even as good as Linux will take
| time.
|
| [...]
|
|  Kaj has been planning
| it for a long time and it's exciting that it's really happening now. We
| have already been noticing that it opens doors for us. On the other hand,
| it's just a side project to help Syllable Desktop out. Using the Linux
| kernel for Syllable Server gives us several things: stability, REBOL/Core,
| and ReiserFS 3.
`----

http://osnews.com/story.php/18218/Five-Questions-Kristian-Vanders-van-der-Vliet-Syllable/

AMD has just invested a lot of money in the company where Linus apparently
wrote his kernel in 1997-2003.

AMD Makes Strategic Investment in Transmeta

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxlookup.com/2007/jul/06/amd_makes_strategic_investment_in_transmeta