Re: ubuntu problems

____/ 7 on Friday 06 July 2007 23:30 : \____

>  cyloafterx@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi, just tried ubuntu 7.04 (from live cd). First time trying any
>> linux.  Couldn't get the "desktop effects" to work, and couldn't go on
>> line.  How can both these problems be solved?
>

> Get someone with Linux knowledge to teach you some Linux.
> Your local college, university or LUG (Linux User Group)
> should net you techies and help.
> Alternatively try some more linux livecds.
> http://www.livecdlist.com
> and google for anything you don't understand.

I might be better searching the Ubuntu Wiki/forums and if no answer is found,
then a question can be posted. There are even Google-dependent engines that
assemble just a bunch of Ubuntu-Linux related sites. Of course, there are
books and manuals as well.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 18:32                   last=