[News] Microsoft Accused of "Briberies", by Sony

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Accused of "Briberies", by Sony
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:36:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sony: Microsoft "bribing" publishers for exclusive content

,----[ Quote ]
| "We don't buy exclusivity. We don't fund development. We don't, for lack
| of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform. We
| earn it." OUCH. And here we were thinking this was a business, Jack;
| silly old us.
`----

http://www.gamersquad.com/category/PlayStation-3/Sony-Microsoft-bribing-publishers-for-exclusive-content/

Microsoft is "bribing" in the same way in order to gain support for OOXML,
particular legislation, patent FUD, HD-DVD, etc.

"Bribery" (in this particular sense) has never been a bad word at Microsoft.
It's just a business strategy.

Recent:

,----[ Lessig said... ]

`----

http://www.lessig.org/blog/archives/003800.shtml#003800

,----[ Quinn said... ]
| Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
| the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
| or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
| is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
| Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
|
| Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
| playbook and words, in my opinion.

Politicians in Microsoft's Pocket

,----[ Quote ]
`----