[News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Pulling Forbes' Strings to Descredit Google?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Is Microsoft Pulling Forbes' Strings to Descredit Google?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:57:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
If Trust Is Lost, Google Will Crumble

,----[ Quote ]
| Google in the past has been able to fend off criticism of its
| increasing dominance of the online market and remain highly
| profitable. However, increasing criticism of its powerful
| position could harm its business perspective and future profits.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/03/google-privacy-antitrust-tech-cx_0704oxford.html?partner=yahootix

More Evil Than Google?

,----[ Quote ]
| The Federal Trade Commission is investigating whether Google's acquisition
| of DoubleClick constitutes a monopoly, and the company faces a $1 billion
| lawsuit from Viacom for YouTube's alleged copyright infringement.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/07/03/google-evil-competition-tech-techbiz-cx_ag_0703googevil.html?partner=yahootix

Two Google-doubting articles in just one day truly smell funny. Forbes attacks
Linux on a regular basis (if it mentions it at all).

We already know that some Forbes editors are close to Microsoft and there have
been proxies that attacked Google's credibility (not just remarks from Bill
and Steve). This includes FTC, Big Media, authors, privacy surveyors...