Re: [Rival] Complaints About 'Windows Spewage' Rising, iPhone Used as Bait That Exploits Windows/IE Flaws

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Dr. Seymour Butts
<seymour@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:57:17 -0400
<46893e5a$0$16262$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> "Rex Ballard" <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Jul 2, 9:30 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Spam reports rising
>>

>> Microsoft's EULA for Vista actually prevents users from blocking
>> spyware that has been authorized by Microsoft.  I'm not sure how they
>> are going to enforce that one (other than just shutting down your
>> computer), but appearantly, Microsoft is SELLING spyware access to
>> your computer, and they don't want end users blocking that access.
>

> I'm sure that you have an URL or some sort of proof for this, right?
>
> (Of course not. You're simply a lying lintard.)

A copy of the EULA is available at

http://download.microsoft.com/documents/useterms/Windows%20Vista_Ultimate_English_36d0fe99-75e4-4875-8153-889cf5105718.pdf

Section 7, "Internet-based services", is mildly
interesting, as is Section 9, "Microsoft .NET Benchmark
Testing".  Neither one appears to fit in the twice-prior
poster's criteria, though one of the subparagraphs does
mention "malicious software removal".

The URL itself is representative of Microsoft thinking; the
path includes a rather messy-looking GUID.

Caveat user.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  When it absolutely, positively, has to crash.