[News] Review of GParted-Clonezilla Live CD, An Early Look at Edubuntu Gutsy Gibbon

  • Subject: [News] Review of GParted-Clonezilla Live CD, An Early Look at Edubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:44:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Manage partitions and disks with GParted-Clonezilla live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| For a home user or an administrator with just a few systems, the
| GParted-Clonezilla live CD is an excellent tool for managing disks. It can
| save you several hours when preparing new disks or migrating partitions from
| one disk to another. It's also a fantastic way to move a partition that's not
| around free space into a bigger partition without much fuss.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/115208

Edubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Out of all of the Ubuntu derivative distributions, the one that's
| received the least amount of attention really has been Edubuntu.
| With a slogan of "Linux for Young Human Beings", Edubuntu is a
| Linux distribution designed for students and use in school
| environments.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=767&num=1

Related:

Lessons Plans for Teachers Using Free and Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| This site is dedicated to collecting and cataloging lesson plans
| for classroom teachers interested in moving beyond mere document
| production and really tapping in to the promise of technology
| integration and education.
`----

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/Lessons

Edubuntu Linux Installation With Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Edubuntu is Ubuntu GNU/Linux customised for
| schools, containing additional applications
| for young human beings, administration tools
| for school management, and a built-in terminal
| server. Besides the standard software available
| on the Edubuntu CD, you will also find a world
| of software in the Edubuntu Universe, an on-line
| repository containing more than 10GB of community
| contributed software.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/latest-edubuntu-linux-installation-with-screenshots.html

Edubuntu: Linux for education