[News] Sidux Linux Earns Raves Review, Xandrosoft as Bad as Vista

  • Subject: [News] Sidux Linux Earns Raves Review, Xandrosoft as Bad as Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 06:06:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sidux 2007-02 - A Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Simply put, Sidux 2007-02 was a pleasure to use. The live CD
| worked beautifully, as did the installer. The desktop is very
| dark, but this is nice to see after using so many “light” distributions.
`----

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/29/sidux-2007-02-a-review/

Review: Xandros Linux 4.0 Professional

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I’d consider Xandros Linux 4 Professional a less than decent Linux
| distribution, definitely nothing to write home about, and certainly nothing I
| would recommend to anyone seeking to make the switch to Linux.  Especially
| with the somewhat mediocre job Xandros did with their version and the recent
| patent contract with Microsoft. I also find it ironic that while they’re very
| much set on converting Windows users to Linux by the bucketful, they
| ultimately signed a patent treaty with the same company whom they’re trying
| to undermine by stealing their users. A pact with the devil that’s sure to
| come back and haunt them some day.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=263

For the apologists (like SJVN) who think that Microsoft wants to bring benefits
to Linux, read this:

When HASN'T Linux been at war?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft wants Linux dead. Write it down.
|
| My opinion of anybody who purports to be pro-Linux while selling out to
| Linux's sworn enemy was already pretty low. News of Novell, Xandross,
| and now Linspire lining up to seal a deal with Redmond already crossed
| my desk, and the very best I can hope for them is that they find a
| cooler niche of Hell to go stand in.
`----

http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?title=when_hasn_t_linux_been_at_war&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
http://tinyurl.com/353t5t