Re: Should this group be moderated?

In article <%8Whi.20364$Fo1.1322@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "jim" <jim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm all for freedom of speech and all that jazz, but this group in
> particular seems infested with trolls and others that value fighting and
> dragging topics off into some dung pile than actaully having conversations
> that support the use and growth of Linux.
>
> I think it would be much more productive if it were moderated.

That would complete defeat the purpose of the group.  This group, like
most advocacy groups in the comp.* tree, was created to keep flamers,
trolls, and other idiots, out of the technical groups, by providing a
place for people like linsux and schestowitz to play.  It works quite
well.  Go to the technical groups and compare who posts there with who
posts here, and there is very little overlap.

--
--Tim Smith