Re: [News] Novell Adds Linux Desklets with Patents-encumbered .NET

____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 01 July 2007 12:41 : \____

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/30/moonlight-desklets-mono-desktop-widgets/

> Hey, let's all work really hard to get everything proprietary as quickly
> as possible.  Who needs GPLv3, eh?  Why don't we all just give up now,
> just as we are about to win.

In a blog I was writing a little more about Novell's plan to put a lot of .NET
in their Linux. They said so on numerous occasions. Would you believe that
they educate young programmers by introducing them to Mono? We're not talking
here about people who happen to have just arrived from the Windows world.
Novell actually/almost /favours/ Microsoft technologies (OOXML, proprietary
protocols, Silverlight).

Novell has too many senior people (even VCs) who are friends with Microsoft.
They should have never acquired (ruined) SuSE and entered the Linux market.
They are a total misfit and it shows. Sadly, some programmers have a true Free
software spirit, but they live in the prison of their employer, so they keep
quiet.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
Tasks: 119 total,   1 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie