[News] Google Leaves Microsoft and Yahoo Further Behind

  • Subject: [News] Google Leaves Microsoft and Yahoo Further Behind
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:17:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Why Google Will Always Dominate Its Peers

,----[ Quote ]
| Google already has more than twice the market share of Yahoo and nearly four
| times the market share of MSN. According to Metcalf’s law (the value of a
| network increases roughly in proportion to the square of its size) this
| implies that Google’s search network would be something like four or more
| times more valuable than Yahoo’s, and something like 16 times more valuable
| than MSN’s. This is why search is so much more wildly profitable for Google's
| than the other companies.
|
| So according to Metcalf's law, when Google's market share rises from 50% to
| 55%, while Yahoo's market share falls from 25% to 20%, Google's market value
| does not merely grow by 10%, while yahoo falls by merely 20%.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070628/39620_id.html?.v=1

Is a Google Brain Drain Inevitable?

,----[ Quote ]
| We're starting to see this happen with Google, which is simply a
| function of its overwhelming success. Will they be able to stem the
| tide and avoid the fate of Microsoft and Yahoo! ?
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070629/39756_id.html?.v=1

YouTube's hits top rivals' combined

,----[ Quote ]
| The U.S. market share of visits to YouTube, which Google bought for
| $1.65 billion last November, rose 70 percent from January through
| May, online audience measurement firm Hitwise said in the survey
| published Wednesday.
`----

http://money.cnn.com/2007/06/27/technology/bc.youtube.surge.reut/index.htm?source=yahoo_quote

Google Gallops Toward $600