Re: [News] Theo de Raadt Slams Intel for Neglect of Free Software and Negligence

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> OpenBSD founder: Intel leaves open-source out in the cold
>
> I'm definitely starting to come around to "the Rat's" viewpoint on many
> issues, despite his advocacy of such a slack non-licence. Of course,
> like Linus, he does veer towards hysteria, but then Intel have been
> proudly screwing up chip design since the infamous Pentium classic
> "Intel inside, can't divide" scandal, and considering Intel's lax
> attitude to the problem back then, it doesn't surprise me people like
> the Rat are cynical now.

People's attitudes often change when they get children and some of the
trappings of wealth.  Terry Pratchett put it quite well in his book
"Pyramids" about the views of older, wealthier assassins regarding the
advantages of iniquity compared with their views when they had been
younger and impecunious.