[News] Microsoft Officially a Patent Trolls, But Sponsors Anti-Patent Trolls Initiative

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Officially a Patent Trolls, But Sponsors Anti-Patent Trolls Initiative
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:53:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
More Patents and New Business Models

,----[ Quote ]
| I firmly believe that Microsoft’s intellectual business division is
| executing a well-thought out plan – monetize where possible (Novell),
| implicitly threaten where monetization is not possible and sow enough
| uncertainty to slow down those who don’t acquiesce, directly or
| indirectly, to Microsoft’s licensing pressure.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/06/more_patents_an.html

Peer-to-Patent: Helping out the USPTO

,----[ Quote ]
| I was impressed to see the list of corporate sponsors (see the logos below).
| There are some pretty big names there. It's unsurprising given the rise of
| technology-licensing companies like Acacia. The bigger companies have the
| most to lose when it comes to patent lawsuits.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/06/peertopatent_he.html

...What a bunch of BS. It's exactly the opposite. Patents hurt the small guy.

...And what does the patent troll Microsoft doing among the sponsors?

...Must be the same hidden motive that's in sponsoring Linux conferences and
then poisoning the minds of the audience, changing the agenda, and trying
to 'steal' people.