[News] Market Research: Vista Fails to Truly Affect PC Sales

  • Subject: [News] Market Research: Vista Fails to Truly Affect PC Sales
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 06:06:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Windows Vista Makes Limited Impact On PC Sales, Analysts Reveal

,----[ Quote ]
| In mature markets expectations are not as bright. "Continuing strong demand
| for mobile PCs, especially among consumers, offer vendors tremendous
| growth opportunities," Shiffler said.
|
| [...]
|
| Driving mobile PC sales are lower average selling prices, better
| performance, and expanded wireless access, the research firm said.
| ASPs for mobile PCs globally was below $1,100, but buyers in many
| parts of the world had a wide range of choices for less than $1,000.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20070629/tc_cmp/200001577;_ylt=AtcBnTBvH6zW5n84xrMTlG0E1vAI

This shift towards mobile devices is good news to Linux.

Related:

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq