[News] [Rival] iPhone is Not Smiles All Around

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] iPhone is Not Smiles All Around
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 03:56:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Most iPhone owners gush but some have glitches

,----[ Quote ]
| "It's a real buzz kill," said Bargman, adding that repeated calls to AT&T
| failed to get the device to work. "Now I'm soured on it a little bit."
|
| David Clayman, the third person in line at Apple's flagship Manhattan store,
| said he was still unable to activate his iPhone a day later, probably because
| he couldn't update the Apple software on his computer needed to start the
| process.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070630/wr_nm/iphone_att_dc

Most people are still happy, but some say that Defective by Design products
(DRM and rigid form) will lead to sourness only a few years down the line when
data gets locked in and entire music collections are lost.

Related:

Apple DRM illegal in Norway: Ombudsman

,----[ Quote ]
`----