Re: XBox 360 So Fundamentally Flawed That Repair Company Rejects It

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Saturday 30 June 2007 20:37 : \____

> w!
>>
>> > Best Wishes, N.
>>
>> The Xbox 360 is expected to make Microsoft a profit in 08.
>>
>> --
>> Mike
>> Scottish....and proud of it
>
> Could be.  I prefer not to make predictions.  I hope this one (about
> Xbox profitability) is better than Ballmer's oath to bury Google, or
> Gates' to eliminate spam within two years.  If it is, it will be
> interesting to see if Xbox can really hold up to the competition.
>
> Microsoft has some smart people, I know some of them.  If their
> products fall short of technical excellence, it has to come from top
> management.

I'll go further and say that wrt the XBox, making a quarterly profit (they
currently lose $200-300 million per quarter, IIRC) would not mean that a ~$6
billion loss can simply be erased. They are in business for the investors.
They could argue that XBox360 is there to take over the living room, but as it
stands, Blu-Ray is at a better position to gain adoption. They might have to
include Blu-Ray support using an expensive peripheral.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication
 03:00:01 up 14 days,  8:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.58, 1.36, 1.55