Re: [News] 4,000,000 Welsh Children to Use Windows E-mail

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:14:46 +0100
<67l7n4-s19.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 20 July 2007 18:14 : \____
>>
>>> Dr. Fafoofnik <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>>
>>> For the filters:  10.1.1.41.MISMATCH!pfilter-v0.1!not-for-mail
>>
>> The headers change too much. You won't lose much by dropping OE altogether.
>> Only hit-and-run provacations and trolls ever use that thing.
>>

> One argument has been that someone considering using Linux might well
> turn up using OE, but then, anyone seriously considering using linux
> would be unlikely to come to cola for advice, in my view.

Not sure Usenet is the best of venues for platform
evaluation. :-) Of course, the Web has its own issues --
one might have the perfect solution for device XYZZY on
OS ABCDE, but can't find it.

Of course, there are a number of newsreaders -- Bat comes
to mind for Windows, for those so inclined, but one can
also get slrn, trn, or tin under Cygwin.  On Linux slrn,
trn, and tin are available and one can also go with Pan, or
simply use the Google gateway, which is not the prettiest
of gateways, but it works for the most part.

I'd frankly have to look to see what's out there, but
there are lots of options for newsreading.  Some of
them even format the articles correctly. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows.  Multi-platform(1), multi-tasking(1), multi-user(1).
(1) if one defines "multi" as "exactly one".