Re: [News] Rave Review of Scribus and the Power of Inkscape

____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 20 July 2007 17:55 : \____

> Dr. Fafoofnik <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
>> Great review. I absolutely love the screen shots of Scribus.
>
>> Clearly it is the WINDOWS version that's being reviewed because the linux
>> version is buggy as hell and doesn't even run because of missing package
>> dependencies!
>
> Only if you're one of the clueless or a troll deliberately doing things
> wrong to make things look bad.
>
> Scribus works here, because I simple MADE SURE MY DEPENDENCIES WERE MET!
>
> Wow what a concept.

sudo apt-get install scribus

scribus

Phew! That was hard. Some distros have it preinstalled. Most users would never
need to buy publishing tools. Scribus has far more function than the average
user requires.

So, how does one install and run scribus in Windows? Just a couple of dozens of
simply keystrokes (or ticking of a box in Synaptec), right?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
 18:20:01 up 33 days, 23:48,  7 users,  load average: 0.78, 1.13, 1.10