[News] [Rival] XBox Division Loses ~$2 Billion in 2007, Fialure Rate 33%, Class Action Lawsuits Begin

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] XBox Division Loses ~$2 Billion in 2007, Fialure Rate 33%, Class Action Lawsuits Begin
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:44:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Peter knew why he jumped ship....

Microsoft's game division suffers $1.89B shortfall

,----[ Quote ]
| Among the grim financial figures were a few nuggets of interesting news.
| Apparently the EDD is beefing up its staff, since the company's report says
| that "headcount-related costs increased 15 percent [for the year], driven by
| a 9 percent increase in headcount and an increase in salaries and benefits
| for existing headcount, partially offset by a decrease in stock-based
| compensation expense."
`----

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6175367.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews

Microsoft's Xbox 360 Problems Continue with New Failure Rate Information

,----[ Quote ]
| A former EB Games employee has stated that out of all of the XBox 360
| consoles he has sold for the last year, about 33 percent of those units have
| been taken back to EB Games after the console
`----

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/309005/microsofts_xbox_360_problems_continue.html

Microsoft faces second class action lawsuit over scratched discs

,----[ Quote ]
| In the second such lawsuit to be filed this month, Microsoft is facing legal
| class action due to the Xbox 360's reported inclination to scratch game
| discs. According to InformationWeek, the suit alleges that "Microsoft
| improperly and/or negligently manufactured the Xbox 360 console in a manner
| that causes the expensive game discs ... to be scratched, rendering the games
| unusable."
`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/19/microsoft-faces-second-class-action-lawsuit-over-scratched-discs/

They have already been caught in Europe where the flaws were studied /and/
confirmed.

Here's a funny lawsuit threat (new):

,----[ Quote ]
`----