[News] Project Strives to Merge the Best of Slackware, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenSolaris

  • Subject: [News] Project Strives to Merge the Best of Slackware, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenSolaris
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:52:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Menhir - Here to Share the Wisdom of the Four Linuxes

,----[ Quote ]
| After that, all four systems -- Slackware, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenSolaris --
| will be ported to the pkgsrc format. In the end, the pkgsrc tools will enable
| any user to install one of the operating systems with their userland.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Menhir-Here-to-Share-the-Wisdom-of-the-Four-Linuxes-60305.shtml

This doesn't seem professional, but still worth mentioning.

There's also this door to flamewars here:

GNOME Online Desktop: Achieving what was done over a decade ago?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://pinderkent.blogsavy.com/archives/78