[News] Large Linux Contract for Novell, Hack Week Targets Innovation

  • Subject: [News] Large Linux Contract for Novell, Hack Week Targets Innovation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 12:59:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
City of Saint Paul, Minnesota - New Success Story for Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| The City of Saint Paul was running disparate e-mail platforms that required
| increasing IT administration as they often experienced downtime.
| Standardizing on Novell GroupWise on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server created a
| unified e-mail platform across the organization, reducing hardware costs by
| 75 percent and achieving 99.9 percent uptime.
`----

http://www.novell.com/success/saint_paul.html

Novell Hack Week: an experiment in innovation

,----[ Quote ]
| According to legendary scientist Albert Einstein, "everything that is really
| great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
| Perhaps that is why open-source software is such fertile ground for
| innovation.
|
| [...]
|
| Are there plans to do another Hack Week in the future? If Novell does another
| Hack Week, is there something that you would like to see done differently?
|
| Absolutely. We're looking at doing it again in 6 months or so. No date is set
| yet, but in the future we hope to involve more participants from the
| community.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/articles/culture/novell-hack-week-an-experiment-in-innovation.ars

The community ought to just help Mark (or Debian, or Fedora...).