Re: [News] Forbes Impressed by GNU/Linux, But Continues with the Sick Stereotypes

____/ John Locke on Wednesday 18 July 2007 19:05 : \____

> On 18 Jul 2007 06:51:52 GMT, Peter Kai Jensen
> <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>And to what extent would that be?  It doesn't look like any of them are
>>teenagers.  The proportion of people with beards looks about average for
>>randomly selected group of engineers.  And the T-shirts, you'll notice,
>>are mostly promotional for the conference (see the logo).
>>
> Relax Peter...it was just a bit of humor. I wasn't trying to be
> serious.

I found it funny.

FWIW, if you look at kernel hackers from Novell and Red Hat, rarely do you see
anyone with a beard. They are the 'Linus type'. Microsoft developers are often
the same (also wearing T-shirts, I suspect).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
 01:00:01 up 32 days,  6:28,  7 users,  load average: 2.55, 2.61, 2.51