[News] Lenovo Starts Preinstalling GNU/Linux on Laptops (for Kiwis)

  • Subject: [News] Lenovo Starts Preinstalling GNU/Linux on Laptops (for Kiwis)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 08:56:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Lenovo says it will supply Linux in NZ pre-installed

,----[ Quote ]
| Good news, we say. But we also have to ask, why not promote this option more?
`----

http://m-net.net.nz/1762/latest-news/latest-news/lenovo-says-it-will-supply-linux-in-nz-pre-insta.php

I was under the impression that they were not preinstalling it, until now

It's H-P, Samsung and Toshiba that still ought to make these options available.
H-P and Toshiba have already talked about it, but no formal announcement has
been made, yet.

Dell, Epson, Acer, and a few other OEMs already sell Linux PCs. It all happened
in 2007. The 'mainstream' press does not give it enough coverage.