[News] Open-Xchange Gave up on Novell and Chose "Real" Linux

  • Subject: [News] Open-Xchange Gave up on Novell and Chose "Real" Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:20:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open-Xchange goes Express, sheds its Suse roots

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, and extremely interesting to me, Express Edition runs on Ubuntu. Why
| does this matter? Well, for one thing it shows Ubuntu's stablity and
| performance. But on an even more interesting note, take a look at
| Open-Xchange's management team, and in particular its CTO, Jürgen Geck. You
| might remember that he was the CTO at Suse....Or check out Open-Xchange's
| co-founder and EVP of engineering, Martin Kauss. Yep, he was a Suse guy
| before, too. The list goes on....
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9744780-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1035_3-0-5

Related:

Open-Xchange Launches Collaboration Software Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open-Xchange Express Edition is delivered as a software appliance based
| on a version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, although it is designed so
| that the user never needs to interact with the operating system.
`----

http://www.computerwire.com/industries/research/?pid=01F34201%2D66B4%2D46EF%2D9B18%2D5A6A6776008F

Open-Xchange (Partially) Embraces GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| On the GPL side, Open-Xchange's choice of license stands in
| contrast to that of its competitor Zimbra, which offers its
| namesake collaboration suite under a modified Mozilla Public
| License, plus attribution.

Review: Open-Xchange

,----[ Quote ]