Re: [News] Demo/Walkthrough of ATI Open Source Driver (Avivo)

> ____/ Mark Kent on Monday 16 July 2007 15:44 : \____

>>> Installing The Avivo Driver On Ubuntu
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=777&num=1
>>>

>> Again, we do *not* need binary blobs in Linux.  Choose them? Okay - need
>> them?  No.  There's always another way.
>
> Yes. but AMD ought to fund them, or at least provide some documentation.

I'm sure that they'll do both in the end.  Once it's clear that you sell
hardware by making it usable, then the usability thing will be properly
supported.  I'd love to have an OpenGL-capable linux on the PPC machine
sat next to me, unfortunately, it has an nVidia card, and nVidia don't
think you should use their cards with linux on PPC machines for 3D work.