Re: Meet the George Hostler aka High Plains Thumper aka Rafael

In article <1213806.0petW0R5U0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Whoever he is, "Anonymous" seems to be harassing random people. I just did a
> quick search on George Hostler to find some random stuff about some people
> with "George" as their first name with "Hostler" in the same page. I didn't
> even know "Hostler" was a surname. It sounds like it's made up...

Nope, not a made up name.  It's not very common, though.  Here's a map
of the distribution of Hostler's in the US from the 1920 census:

<http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?fid=7&ln=Hostler&fn=>

and here's a map of their distribution in the UK from the 1891 England
and Wales census records:

<http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?&fid=6&ln=Hostler&fn=&yr=1
840>

Isn't it amazing what weird things you can find on the internet?

Here's your name distribution in 1891 England and Wales:

<http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?&fid=6&ln=Schestowitz&fn=&;
yr=1920>

Looks like Hostler was actually more common than Schestowitz. :-)

Smith, of course, beats you both:

<http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/fact.aspx?&fid=6&ln=Smith&fn=>

--
--Tim Smith