Re: Huge Amount of PCs Converted to Linux and Donated

nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> I live in Alameda county and didn't know about this guy.  Here's the
> direct link to their web site:
>
> http://www.accrc.org/
>
> 16,000 computers.  If Microsoft does succeed in forcing a lot of Vista
> upgrades, there will  be lots of modern XP machines ready for Linux.

That was also the result of the XP "upgrade"; a container-load of
second-hand machines, many of which were in fact very high spec,
suddenly became available for use with Linux on.

Someone, I think Greenpeace, pointed out that there will be a "Vista"
layer of computers in landfills for the archeologists of tomorrow to
find.